J.D., magna cum laude, Washington and Lee University School of Law; Order of the Coif
B.A., summa cum laude, Patrick Henry College
Managing Online Editor, Washington and Lee Law Review
Lead Articles Editor, German Law Review
Law Clerk for the Honorable Mark S. Davis, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia (2015-2016)
Law Clerk for the Honorable Alice M. Batchelder, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit (2016-2017)
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Sixth and Seventh Circuits
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
Krystal represents corporate clients and individuals in a variety of litigation and appellate matters in state and federal courts. She has served in legal capacities in both public and private entities, including the U.S. Department of Justice and federal trial and appellate courts.
- Represented large telecommunications provider in federal appeal of Telecommunications Act and local zoning litigation.
- Advised national automobile association regarding trademark infringement litigation.
- Represented government contractor in successful breach-of-contract claim.
- Defended insurance company in summary judgment of a complex breach-of-contract and damages dispute.
- Represented a criminal defendant in a federal sentencing appeal.
- Legal Intern, U.S. Department of Justice, Civil Rights Division (2015)
- Judicial Intern, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia (2013 and 2014)
- Research Assistant to Professor A. Benjamin Spencer, Washington and Lee University School of Law (2013-2014)