J.D., Yale Law School
M.B.A., Yale School of Management
B.A., Highest Distinction, University of Michigan
Executive Editor, Yale Journal of Law and Technology
Editor, Yale Law and Policy Review
Editor, Yale Journal on Regulation
Law Clerk for the Honorable Evan J. Wallach, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (2014-2016)
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
New York Bar
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
United States District Court for the District of Columbia
Lukman is a trial and appellate litigator. He has represented individuals and corporations in Chapter 13 bankruptcy matters, Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act cases, False Claims Act cases, civil rights cases, and criminal investigations. Lukman has written appellate briefs in several federal courts of appeals and at both the certiorari and merits stages at the U.S. Supreme Court. Lukman speaks or reads, with varying degrees of profieciency, English, French, Italian, and Yoruba and frequently works with lawyers in foreign jurisdictions.
- Successfully defended foreign sovereign in a multidistrict litigation before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Represented consulting firm in a case involving the reasonable interpretation of Rule 2014 of the Bankruptcy Code before a federal bankruptcy court, district court, and court of appeals, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Successfully defended individuals in a U.S. Department of Justice criminal investigation involving price-fixing in the international freight shipping industry.
- Associate, Private law practice (2016-2019)
- Law Clerk, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (2014-2016)
News & Insights
- November 2, 2019 | Orlando, FL | SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTThe National Association of Muslim Lawyers Annual ConferenceLukman S. Azeez, Speaker
- October 5, 2019 | Washington, DC | SPEAKING ENGAGEMENT2019 Robert E. Wone Judicial Clerkship & Internship ConferenceLukman S. Azeez, Moderator