J.D., with high honors, The George Washington University Law School; Order of the Coif
B.A., magna cum laude, American University
Articles Editor, The George Washington Law Review
Law Clerk for the Honorable Robert C. Chambers, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia (2014-2015)
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
New York Bar
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
Legal Lean Sigma Institute (LLSI) White Belt
Madeline represents clients in a variety of complex litigation and appellate matters in federal and state courts and in arbitration. A certified Legal Lean Sigma Institute (LLSI) White Belt, Madeline uses the LLSI process and project management tools to continually improve the value proposition the firm delivers to its clients.
- Represented a government contractor in a successful settlement with the General Services Administration (GSA) regarding potential debarment.
- Successfully defended a multinational technology company on appeal in a Sarbanes-Oxley Act case.
- Represented a major shipbuilder in the successful defense of a $400 million False Claims Act case.
- Represented an individual from China seeking political asylum in the United States before a federal court of appeals.
- Represented a pro bono client in an appellate proceeding to secure Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits.
- Research Assistant, Professor Miriam Galston, The George Washington University Law School (2012)
- Legal Intern, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (2012)
- Editorial Assistant, Professor Don Fulsom, American University (2011)
- Intern, New York State Democratic Assembly Campaign Committee (2010)
- New York State Bar Association
- Women's Bar Association of the District of Columbia (WBA)
News & Insights
- January 18, 2018 | ArticleLaw360Madeline J. Cohen, Kevin B. Muhlendorf
- December 18, 2017 | AlertKevin B. Muhlendorf, Madeline J. Cohen
- November 7, 2017 | Press Release
- October 31, 2017 | ArticleLaw360Madeline J. Cohen, Daniel B. Pickard
- October 3, 2017 | Press Release
- March 8, 2017 | Press ReleaseWiley Rein Files Amicus Brief on Behalf of Key Nonprofit and Public Interest Groups in Critical Supreme Court Case Involving Rights of Naturalized U.S. Citizens
- February 14, 2017 | Alert
- December 7, 2016 | AlertRoderick L. Thomas, Madeline J. Cohen
- November 1, 2016 | Press Release
- September 30, 2016 | AlertAgencies Finalize Rule Prohibiting Federal Contracts with Corporations that have Federal Tax Liability or a Felony Conviction
- June 2, 2016 | AlertRoderick L. Thomas, Madeline J. Cohen
- February 29, 2016 | Article