J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
B.A., cum laude, George Washington University
Georgetown Immigration Law Journal
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
Madi provides legal counsel and strategic advice to clients in the telecommunications industry on various regulatory, transactional, and compliance matters.
- Represents clients in matters involving Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulation of wireless and satellite telecommunications services, and provides counsel on a variety of licensing, operational, and spectrum policy and allocation matters.
- Offers counsel on Internet-related issues in the U.S. and abroad, including the Internet of Things (IoT), net neutrality, privacy, cybersecurity, cross-border data flow, and digital trade matters.
- Provides guidance on public safety issues including E911, Next Generation 911, emergency preparedness and recovery, FCC outage reporting rules, deployment of the Nationwide Public Safety Broadband Network (NPSBN) overseen by the First Responder Network Authority (FirstNet), and the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) Project 25 Compliance Assessment Program (P25 CAP).
- Counsels clients on compliance with federal and state regulatory obligations, including equipment authorization, outage reporting, and tower and antenna siting rules under the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA).
- Represents clients in enforcement proceedings before the FCC, and assists clients in developing compliance plans and satisfying other requirements related to enforcement decisions.
- Conducts regulatory due diligence and risk assessments for communications transactions.
- Maintains an active pro bono practice. Madi assists low-income individuals and families, persons with disabilities, and limited English speaking taxpayers in preparing their federal and state income tax returns, as well as represents victims of human trafficking.
- Legal Intern, Sports Fans Coalition (2014)
- Legal Intern, U.S. Department of Commerce, NTIA, Office of Public Safety Communications (2013-2014)
- Intern, U.S. Department of State, Bureau of International Organization Affairs (2013)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA)
- Women’s Bar Association
News & Insights
- January 19, 2018 | ArticleWileyConnectMadeleine M. Lottenbach
- January 12, 2018 | ArticleWileyConnectMadeleine M. Lottenbach
- December 6, 2017 | Alert
- November 28, 2017 | ArticleWileyConnectMadeleine M. Lottenbach
- November 21, 2017 | ArticleWileyConnectMadeleine M. Lottenbach
- October 11, 2017 | ArticleWileyConnectMadeleine M. Lottenbach
- September 19, 2017 | Press Release
- August 31, 2017 | Alert
- August 9, 2017 | ArticleMultistakeholders Adopt Voluntary Guidance with Input from the FTC on Communicating IoT Device UpgradabilityWileyConnectMadeleine M. Lottenbach
- 2017 | ArticleThe International Comparative Legal Guide to Telecoms, Media & Internet Laws & Regulations 2017Jennifer D. Hindin, Madeleine M. Lottenbach
- April 24, 2017 | Alert
- April 2017 | Newsletter
- February 2017 | Newsletter
- February 7, 2017 | ArticleWileyConnect
- November 4, 2016 | Alert
- November 1, 2016 | Press Release
- October 2016 | Newsletter
- October 2016 | Newsletter
- September 26, 2016 | Press Release
- September 13, 2016 | Alert
- August 29, 2016 | Alert
- August 10, 2016 | ArticleCircleID
- August 8, 2016 | AlertFCC Executes First Amendment to the Nationwide Programmatic Agreement for the Collocation of Wireless Antennas, Creating New Exclusions for Certain Small Cell DeploymentsMadeleine M. Lottenbach
- July 18, 2016 | Alert
- June 22, 2016 | Alert
- April 2016 | Newsletter
- April 6, 2016 | Alert