J.D., magna cum laude, Washington and Lee University School of Law; Order of the Coif
M.A., with Merit, Royal Holloway, University of London
B.A., University of Pittsburgh
Managing Online Editor, Washington and Lee Law Review
Junior Editor, German Law Journal
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar (*Pending, supervised by principals of the firm who are members of the District of Columbia Bar)
Martha counsels and represents corporate clients and government contractors in all aspects of labor and employment compliance, enforcement, and investigations matters. Martha has assisted clients before multiple federal agencies that regulate labor and employment, including the Office of the Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP). Martha also represents corporate clients and individuals in a variety of litigation matters in state and federal courts, as well as with government contractors on bid protests and contract claims and disputes.
- Represents businesses on a range of legal matters including internal investigations, commercial litigation, and on state and federal employment law matters.
- Counsels clients on compliance with federal law including issues related to Title II of the Civil Rights Act, Title VII, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, and ADA Title III compliance.
- Drafts employment and separation agreements, as well as counsels management and individuals in protection of trade secrets, non-competition, non-solicitation, and other business torts.
- Counsels government contractors during Office of the Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) audits regarding federal contractors’ affirmative action and non-discrimination obligations.
- Represents clients in multinational complex litigation and arbitrations.
- Judicial Extern, Chambers of Judge Joel C. Hoppe, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia (2017-2018)
- Research Assistant to Professor Albert Carr, Washington and Lee University School of Law (2017-2018)
- Research Assistant to Professor Douglas Rendleman, Washington and Lee University School of Law (2016-2018)
- Judicial Intern, Chambers of Judge Robert R. Rigsby, District of Columbia Superior Court (2016)
News & Insights
- July 31, 2019 | ALERTTodd A. Bromberg, Martha G. Vázquez
- April 5, 2019 | ALERT
- March 13, 2019 | ALERT
- February 2019 | NEWSLETTER
*Not admitted to the District of Columbia Bar. Supervised by principals of the firm who are members of the District of Columbia Bar.