J.D., with honors, The George Washington University Law School
B.A., Duke University
Editor-in-Chief, Federal Circuit Bar Journal Vol. 26
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
Michelle represents corporate clients and their executives in government and internal investigations, civil enforcement matters, criminal investigations and prosecutions, and other litigation alleging offenses including fraud, money laundering, bribery, insider trading, False Claims Act (FCA) violations, and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) violations. She assists clients in responding to subpoenas, civil investigative demands, and discovery requests, including the production of electronically stored information. Michelle advises on health care fraud issues, including Anti-Kickback Statute and Stark Law violations. She also works on a team advising generic drug manufacturers to ensure compliance with government drug pricing policies.
- Representing individual in joint U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) and U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) FCPA investigation involving Mexican entity.
- Defending individual in parallel DOJ and SEC insider trading investigations.
- Conducting an internal investigation for a government contractor involving potential offenses of money laundering, bid rigging, customs violations, and FCA violations.
- Working on a team to develop a pricing policy for a generic pharmaceutical manufacturer.
- Member of a litigation team that defended a government contractor and its executives against allegations of fraud, improper payments, and business torts.
- Assisted with a government contractor’s response to a civil investigative demand issued as part of a government FCA investigation.
- Successfully defended Inauguration Day protester, obtaining a dismissal with prejudice of felony charges.
- Research Assistant, Professor Roger Trangsrud, The George Washington University Law School (2016-2017)
- Law Clerk, U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia, Criminal Division, Fraud and Public Corruption Section (2016)
- Legal Intern, Office of the Attorney General for the District of Columbia, Public Safety Division, Juvenile Section (2015)
- Judicial Intern, the Honorable Alan Kay, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia (2015)
- Hispanic Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- American Bar Association
- Federal Circuit Bar Association
News & Insights
- May 31, 2018 | Press ReleaseWiley Rein Secures Dismissal of Criminal Charges Against Inauguration Protester After Prosecutors Withheld Evidence
- February 2018 | NewsletterDOJ Continues Defense-Friendly Trend: Failure to Follow Agency Guidance Is No Longer Evidence of a False Claims Act Violation
- January 25, 2018 | AlertThe Granston Doctrine?: Memorandum Indicates New Emphasis on Proactive Dismissals of Meritless False Claims Act Cases
- December 21, 2017 | ArticleFCPA ProfessorMichelle B. Bradshaw, Kevin B. Muhlendorf
- November 2017 | Newsletter