M.S. Accounting, American University Kogod School of Business
B.A., Macalester College
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Areas of Specialty
Milton is a Certified Public Accountant who supports clients on international trade matters with expertise in analyzing international financial and cost accounting data. Milton has nine years of combined experience in international trade as an analyst and accountant for the U.S. Department of Commerce and worked antidumping and countervailing duty cases. At Commerce, he examined complex financial data of foreign companies, including company structure, details of domestic and export sales, and product cost information. Milton has presented to senior Commerce officials on issues ranging from debt-to-equity conversions, improper allocation of cost, and evasion of antidumping duties schemes.
- Routinely worked on high-profile cases while at Commerce, such as Softwood Lumber from Canada, Large Power Transformers from Korea, and Bottom Mount Refrigerators from Korea.
- At Commerce, analyzed both non-market and market economy foreign companies; led sales, cost, and countervailing duty verifications; and calculated tariff rates for each foreign company under review.
- International Trade Accountant (2015-2019), U.S. Department of Commerce
- International Trade Analyst (2010-2015), U.S. Department of Commerce