J.D., University of Virginia School of Law
B.A., cum laude, Davidson College
Editorial Board, Virginia Environmental Law Journal
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
U.S. District Courts for the District of Columbia and Eastern District of Virginia
Nick represents clients on a wide range of litigation, transactional, and regulatory matters with a particular focus on the government contracting, franchising, environmental, and consumer product industries. He specializes in counseling individual and corporate clients facing government inquiries, investigations, and/or civil enforcement actions.
- Represented multiple consumer product retailers before the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regarding the shipment of hazardous materials.
- Counseled executive of global logistics agency in criminal and civil investigations regarding alleged violations of Transportation Security Administration (TSA) regulations.
- Represented defense contractors in class action litigation alleging violations of domestic and foreign labor laws.
- Represented facility operations and maintenance contractor in False Claims Act (FCA) litigation involving allegations of fraud in certain Small Business Administration (SBA) programs.
- Represented IT contractor in criminal and civil investigations by the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) regarding violations of the FCA.
- Drafted development and license agreements on behalf of a major quick service restaurant franchisor for territories located in North America, South America, Europe, and Asia.
- Advised global consumer product manufacturer on compliance with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations and requirements.
- Counseled cosmetic manufacturer and distributor in connection with franchising operations.
- Represented major pesticide manufacturers with respect to regulatory issues before the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS).
- Hazardous Materials Specialist, Special Agent, Federal Aviation Administration (2002-2004)
- Civil Aviation Security Specialist, Special Agent, Transportation Security Administration (2002)
- American Bar Association (ABA), White Collar Crime Committee, Business Law Section
- DC Regional Board Member, Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Washington (2017-Present)
- Virginia Bar Association (VBA)
- Received 2015 Burton Award for Distinguished Legal Writing
News & Insights
- October 3, 2017 | Press Release
- March 8, 2017 | Press ReleaseWiley Rein Files Amicus Brief on Behalf of Key Nonprofit and Public Interest Groups in Critical Supreme Court Case Involving Rights of Naturalized U.S. Citizens
- November 1, 2016 | Press Release
- July 11, 2016 | ArticleBloomberg BNA’s Daily Environment ReportP. Nicholas Peterson
- March 10, 2016 | Article
- March 8, 2016 | Press Release
- February 29, 2016 | Article
- December 2015 | Newsletter
- November 11, 2015 | Press Release
- November 4, 2015 | Press Release
- August 12, 2015 | AlertP. Nicholas Peterson
- February 2015 | Newsletter
- January 22, 2015 | Article
- November 4, 2014 | Newsletter
- July 2014 | Newsletter
- Spring 2014 | Newsletter“Willfully” Reinterpreted: The Effect of DOJ’s Latest Interpretation of False Statement Statutes on Contractors’ Mandatory Disclosure Obligations
- May 16, 2014 | Newsletter
- April 4, 2014 | ArticleBloomberg BNA's White Collar Crime Report
- March 31, 2014 | AlertKevin J. Maynard, P. Nicholas Peterson
- January 8, 2014 | ArticleBloomberg BNA's Telecommunications Law Resource Center
- November 26, 2013 | AlertP. Nicholas Peterson
- November 7, 2012 | Newsletter
- 2011, Issue 3 | ArticleUpdate MagazineWith permission from FDLI.P. Nicholas Peterson