J.D., with honors, The George Washington University Law School
B.A., Yale University
Managing Editor, Public Contract Law Journal
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
U.S. Court of Federal Claims
Nina counsels and represents government contractors on a broad range of government contracting issues, including bid protests, contract claims and disputes, subcontracting issues, and regulatory compliance.
- Prosecutes and defends bid protests before the Government Accountability Office and the Court of Federal Claims.
- Represents government contractors in disputes with the federal government, including appeals of contracting officer final decisions to the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals.
- Advises government contractors in negotiation of teaming and subcontracting agreements and represents clients in prime-subcontractor disputes.
- Advises clients on Medicare contracting matters related to Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) procurements and associated contract administration and regulatory compliance issues.
- Defends MACs in provider and durable medical equipment manufacturer suits, addressing issues unique to federal contracting including contractor immunity and agency indemnification.
- Reviews and updates government contractor codes of conduct and advises on compliance issues.
- Counsels clients in obtaining information and protecting their own or government proprietary and confidential information under the Freedom of Information Act.
- Litigates commercial disputes in state and federal courts.
- Summer Intern, U.S. Department of Justice, Commercial Litigation Branch, Fraud Section (2012)
- Senior Consultant, Booz Allen Hamilton (2009-2011)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Women's Bar Association of the District of Columbia (WBADC)
News & Insights
- September 2018 | NEWSLETTERRecent Legislative Proposals Seek to Address Supply Chain Risks in Information Technology Procurements
- February 2018 | NEWSLETTER
- January 16, 2018 | ALERTService and Construction Contractors Take Note: Maryland Is the Latest Jurisdiction to Pass Paid Sick Leave Law
- November 29, 2017 | ALERT
- 2017 | ARTICLEFederal Sick Leave Health and Welfare Benefit Changes Bring Enhanced Compliance Challenges for Federal Service ContractorsWiley Rein and The Boon GroupEric W. Leonard, Nina S. Samuels
- July 28, 2017 | ALERT
- March 28, 2017 | ARTICLEGovernment Contracting Law Report
- January 13, 2017 | ALERTFAR Council Issues Final Rule Prohibiting Contractors From Using Confidentiality Agreements That Restrict Disclosure of Fraud or Abuse
- December 19, 2016 | ALERT
- October 3, 2016 | ALERT
- Summer 2016 | ARTICLEPublic Contract Law Journal, Vol. 45, No. 4
- September 7, 2016 | Online Webinar | SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTFinal Rule and Guidance on Fair Pay and Safe Workplaces Executive Order: What In-House Counsel Need to KnowAssociation of Corporate Counsel
- August 25, 2016 | ALERT
- August 24, 2016 | ALERT
- July 15, 2016 | ALERT
- June 2016 | NEWSLETTERWhen Submitting a Proposal, Late Is Late. Even Early Submissions Can Be Late If the Proposal Gets “Spammed,” Except Perhaps at the Court of Federal Claims.
- May 23, 2016 | ALERT
- April 2016 | ARTICLEService Contractor Magazine
- February 26, 2016 | ALERT
- February 2016 | NEWSLETTERWhen Submitting a Proposal, Late Is Late. Now, Even Early May Be Late If the Proposal Gets “Spammed.”
- December 21, 2015 | ALERT
- October 27, 2015 | ARTICLEView from Wiley Rein: The Federal Circuit’s (Accidental?) Expansion of Interested Party Status in Tinton Falls Lodging Realty, Inc. v. United StatesBloomberg BNA's Federal Contracts Report
- September 10, 2015 | ALERT
- Summer 2015 | NEWSLETTERWiley Rein and Professional Services Council Discuss Concerns about Proposed Fair Pay and Safe Workplaces Rule and Guidance
- July 1, 2015 | ALERT
- June 5, 2015 | NEWSLETTER
- May 28, 2015 | ALERTNew Proposed Regulation and Guidance Implementing Executive Order 13673 Fair Pay and Safe Workplaces
- April 21, 2015 | ALERTA New Affirmative Defense - The ASBCA Applies The Sikorksy Standard for the Contract Disputes Act's Statute of LimitationsNina S. Samuels
- Winter 2015 | NEWSLETTER