J.D., with honors, The George Washington University Law School
B.A., magna cum laude, Syracuse University
Editorial Staff Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association Quarterly Journal
Law Clerk for the Honorable John M. Facciola, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia (2008-2009)
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
New York Bar
U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Second, Fourth, Fifth, and Ninth Circuits
U.S. District Courts for the District of Columbia and Southern District of New York
Rebecca represents clients in a variety of trial and appellate matters in federal and state courts. She has experience in all phases of litigation from pre-enforcement investigation to appeal. Her wide-ranging responsibilities have included depositions, discovery, and motions practice of all sorts. She also has significant in-court experience, having presented arguments in the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Fourth and Sixth Circuits, federal district court, and before federal agency decision makers.
- Manages cases in all phases of litigation by coordinating discovery, deposing witnesses, drafting and arguing dispositive and other motions, preparing witnesses and exhibits, participating in mediation, drafting jury charges, and coordinating post-trial motions including those seeking costs and/or sanctions.
- Briefed and argued cases arising under various federal statutes before the U.S. Courts of Appeal, including the Second, Fourth, Fifth, and Sixth Circuits, as well as the federal agency's internal appellate tribunal and Office of Administrative Law Judges.
- Advised several agencies within the U.S. Department of Labor on the initiation and prosecution of enforcement proceedings in areas involving bankruptcy, civil rights, and labor management.
- Successfully defended pharmaceutical product liability mass tort claims in federal district and appellate courts.
- Senior Attorney, Office of the Solicitor, U.S. Department of Labor (2013-2017)
- Private law practice (2006-2008; 2009-2013)
- Intern, Legal Aid Society of the District of Columbia (2005)
- Intern for the Honorable Donald G. Alexander, Maine Supreme Judicial Court (2005)
Women’s Bar Association of the District of Columbia
News & Insights
- August 17, 2018 | PRESS RELEASE