J.D., with highest honors, The George Washington University Law School; Order of the Coif
B.S., cum laude, B.A., summa cum laude, Tulane University; Mortar Board; Phi Beta Kappa
Executive Editor, The George Washington Law Review
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
U.S. Court of Federal Claims
Samantha counsels and represents government contractors and subcontractors on a variety of legal issues, including bid protests, contract claims and disputes, investigations and disclosures, and suspension and debarment.
- Prosecutes and defends bid protests before the Government Accountability Office (GAO) and the Court of Federal Claims (COFC).
- Conducts internal investigations and assists government contractors with responding to congressional investigations and U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) and Inspector General (IG) subpoenas and investigations, including allegations of False Claims Act (FCA) violations.
- Counsels clients on ethics and compliance, including evaluation of potential obligations and disclosures under the mandatory-disclosure rule, and assists with the development and implementation of internal compliance and training programs.
- Assists government contractors in responding to government suspension and debarment officials and compliance with administrative agreements.
- Counsels government contractors in the preparation of requests for equitable adjustment and prosecution of contractor claims and defense of Government claims.
- Assists with the preparation and negotiation of subcontracts and provides advice to government contractors in prime-subcontractor disputes.
- Conducts due diligence on behalf of buyers and sellers on issues unique to government contractors.
- Represented pro bono clients in veterans benefits appeal, custody proceedings, and immigration hearings.
- Intern, the Honorable Marian Blank Horn, U.S. Court of Federal Claims (2011)
- Intern, the Honorable Reggie B. Walton, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia (2010)
- Summer Clerk, Carol Coderre, Chief of Violent Crimes Unit, Office of the State's Attorney for Prince George's County (2009)
- American Bar Association (ABA), Section of Public Contract Law
- Co-Chair, Regulatory Coordinating Committee
- Bid Protest Committee
- Pathfinder, Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) (2016)
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Named by The Legal 500 US a “recommended lawyer” (2019) and a "Rising Star" (2019) in Government Contracts
News & Insights
- June 3, 2019 | PRESS RELEASE
- October 30, 2018 | PRESS RELEASE
- August 31, 2016 | ALERT
- May 6, 2016 | PRESS RELEASE
- March 22, 2016 | PRESS RELEASE
- Fall 2015 | ARTICLETwo Systems, Two Types of Risk: How the World Bank Sanctions Regime Differs from US Suspension and DebarmentABA Public Contact Law Section's The Procurement Lawyer
- November 4, 2015 | PRESS RELEASE
- September 15, 2015 | ARTICLEView from Wiley Rein: The World Bank’s Sanctions Regime Is a World Apart from the Suspension and Debarment System Federal Contractors KnowBloomberg BNA's Federal Contracts Report
- July 21, 2015 | PRESS RELEASE
- November 14, 2014 | PRESS RELEASE
- Fall 2014 | NEWSLETTERThe Court Trusts, But You Should Verify—D.C. Circuit Affirms Dismissal of Qui Tam Alleging Reseller Violated the TAA
- Fall 2014 | NEWSLETTERThe “No Federal Contracts for Corporate Deserters Act of 2014”—Congress’s Latest Attempt to Address Inverted Domestic Corporations
- February 3, 2014 | ALERTMore Restrictions on Cost-Reimbursable Contracts: DOD Issues Interim Rule Prohibiting Cost-Type Contracts for the Production of Major Defense Acquisition ProgramsKara M. Sacilotto, Samantha S. Lee
- April 23, 2013 | PRESS RELEASE
- February 2013 | ALERTGoing it Alone: Recent Federal Court Decision Demonstrates Risks of Losing Privilege When Conducting Internal Investigations Without CounselFinancial Fraud Law ReportSamantha S. Lee
- December 21, 2011 | ALERTReintroduced Bill Would Automatically Propose for Debarment Any Person That Violates the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act