J.D., University of Virginia School of Law
B.A., summa cum laude, American University; Dean’s Scholarship
Editorial Board Member, The Journal of Law and Politics
Law Clerk for the Honorable Jan E. DuBois, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania (2014-2015)
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Saverio assists clients with a variety of matters related to government and internal investigations, criminal prosecutions, and litigation in the federal and state courts. He regularly conducts internal investigations for individual and corporate clients in response to allegations of misconduct or government inquiries and advises on potential legal exposure in a wide variety of substantive areas of law, including the False Claims Act (FCA), health care fraud, mail/wire fraud, money laundering, and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA).
- Core member of litigation team in a $300 million FCA case litigated to jury verdict in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia. Represented client in all phases of litigation, including discovery, motion practice, witness preparation, and in briefing before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States.
- Represents individual in connection with U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) investigation into alleged FCPA violations involving South American entities.
- Represents individual in connection with DOJ investigation into alleged mail/wire fraud scheme involving political fundraising.
- Represents government contractor in FCA litigation alleging violations of contract with U.S. Army.
- Represented government contractor in class action litigation alleging violations of the American With Disabilities Act.
- Manages collection, analysis, and production of electronically-stored information in connection with internal investigations.
- Assists clients in responding to subpoenas and civil investigative demands.
- Represented pro bono client in connection with denial of car warranty claim.
- Researched and drafted memoranda on issues including antitrust, discovery disputes, habeas corpus, prisoner civil rights, insurance, employment discrimination, and contracts.
- Drafted memoranda on issues including the constitutionality of select federal gun laws, the recoverability of punitive damages, and the ability to obtain a court order halting arbitration.
- Criminal Law Research Assistant, Professor Josh Bowers, University of Virginia School of Law (2012-2013)
- Judicial Intern, The Honorable Jan E. DuBois, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania (2012)
- Marshal’s Aide, The Supreme Court of the United States (2010-2011)
- Public Affairs Intern, American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research (2010)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- The Federalist Society
News & Insights
- October 30, 2018 | PRESS RELEASE
- February 14, 2017 | ALERT
- December 2016 | ARTICLEInternational TradeABA Section of Litigation Business and Commercial Litigation in Federal Courts 4th Edition
- June 16, 2016 | ALERTSupreme Court Holds “Implied Certification” a Valid Theory under the False Claims Act But Establishes a Strong New Defense for Defendants
- March 10, 2016 | ARTICLE
- February 29, 2016 | ARTICLE