J.D., magna cum laude, American University Washington College of Law
M.A., American University, School of International Service
B.A., University of Virginia
Articles Editor, American University Law Review
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
U.S. Court of International Trade
Stephanie represents clients in antidumping and countervailing duty proceedings. She has worked on matters before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, the U.S. Court of International Trade (CIT), the U.S. Department of Commerce (DOC), and the U.S. International Trade Commission (USITC). Her work involves a broad range of industries, including bearings, glassware, paper, silicomanganese, and shrimp. Stephanie also writes on various trade-related issues, including non-tariff barriers, compliance with World Trade Organization (WTO) obligations, and global food prices.
- Monitored relevant current trade issues and prepared presentations/briefing materials for clients.
- Researched a range of issues arising in antidumping and countervailing duty proceedings concerning the existence and extent of dumping and subsidization and material injury determinations.
- Drafted legal and factual submissions for filings before the International Trade Administration, USITC, CIT, and the Federal Circuit.
- Presented arguments before the International Trade Administration officials, the CIT, and the Federal Circuit.
- Assisted in editing the Handbook of WTO/GATT Dispute Settlement (Martinus Nijhoff Publishers).
- Legal Intern, U.S. Mint (2009)
- Judicial Intern for The Honorable John M. Mott, Superior Court of the District of Columbia (2008)
- Named one of DC's "Rising Stars" for International by Super Lawyers magazine (2014-2018)
News & Insights
- May 2, 2019 | PRESS RELEASEThe Commerce Department Initiates Anti-Circumvention Investigation of Chinese Diamond Sawblades Imported Through Canada
- November 15, 2018 | PRESS RELEASE
- September 25, 2018 | MEDIA MENTIONStephanie Bell Comments on ITC Affirmative Injury Finding on Stainless Steel Flange Imports from IndiaLaw360
- August 28, 2018 | Harpers Ferry, WV | SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTEnforce and Protect (EAPA) WorkshopU.S. Customs and Border ProtectionStephanie M. Bell, Panelist
- August 7, 2018 | PRESS RELEASE
- April 10, 2018 | Naples, FL | SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTInternational Product DumpingIndustrial Diamond Association Biennial MeetingStephanie M. Bell, Speaker
- January 22, 2018 | ARTICLEAmerican Trade & Manufacturing BlogStephanie M. Bell
- June 28, 2017 | PRESS RELEASEDiamond Sawblades Manufacturers’ Coalition Applauds CBP’s Measures to Address Evasion of Duties on Chinese Imports
- January 17, 2017 | ARTICLEAmerican Trade & Manufacturing BlogStephanie M. Bell
- December 20, 2016 | ARTICLEAmerican Trade & Manufacturing BlogStephanie M. Bell
- October 21, 2016 | ARTICLEAmerican Trade & Manufacturing BlogStephanie M. Bell